There?s something about smoky, smoldering eyes that make a nightout look complete. Even the Hollywood red carpet shows just how timeless and dramatic this eye makeup is! But what if you lack the time, necessary research, or plain magical hands to transform those plain eyes with a touch of eye cosmetics? What could potentially save the day (or ladies? night)?
Easy: follow this quick, fuss-free resource on smoky eyes! The first tip? Go for black, gray, brown, or dark shadows and liners to have the best impact possible. Blue shades are quite a no-no, unless you want to look like under-eye circles are having a party on your face.
Follow these steps to doing your eye makeup. Thanks to Marie Claire for the tutorial!
- Apply a cream concealer over your eyelid. This will create a smooth base for your eyeshadow.
- Use a black or gray pencil liner for tracing your top lash line, from the inner to the outer corner. Afterwards, use the same pencil to dot between your lower lashes. Afterwards, smudge both lash line with an eyeliner brush or a plain cotton swab.
- Sweep preferably brown, gray, and dark green shadow over your eyelid and going into your crease. Blend the color up and outward. Here?s a handy tip? prevent color from fading ? and offer a more shimmery finish to your lids ? by patting a cream shadow over the concealer on your lid. After five minutes or so, top it with a powder shadow that matches the original color.
- Dust a lighter, neutral eyeshadow over your browbone. Colors like ivory are recommended!
- Finish with two coats of sexy black mascara.
You see, achieving a sultry look like smoky eyes isn?t rocket science at all ? what you simply need is the right information (and a YouTube instructional video while you?re at it) to get the hottest tips and ideas. The above steps, for instance, are highly doable that you?ll wonder where they?ve been hiding all along!
Here are bonus eye makeup tips from About.com:
- Use a concealer to prep your eyes ? use it to hide under-eye circles or the discoloration present under your inner eye. For concealing undereye circles, apply three concealer dots under each eye and patting it with your ring finger until it disappears.
- Use a highlighter to brighten those eyes ? apply a bit of your lightest eyeshadow in the inner corner of your eye to bright it instantly. A true makeup artist?s well-kept secret, if you ask us!
- Don?t forget to highlight your brow! Take the same light eyeshadow. Dab it on your browbone, focusing on the mid-brow outward. Use your finger to blend.
- Curl those eyelashes ? you may also heat the curler for added effect. Do it by putting the curler under a blow dryer for a number of seconds. Test the curler before applying to your lashes, because there?s the danger of burning yourself.
- Mascara is a must! A few sweeps of the wand and you can transform your eye area further. Don?t forget your bottom lashes, too.
Chrissy Cruz is always on the lookout for beauty and cosmetics news, so she decided to get the news herself and blog about products ? from Revitalash reviews to new Mac releases ? on her personal site.